Okazaki Community Meeting Room
The College of Social Work’s new Wilford W. and Dorothy P. Goodwill Humanitarian Building was designed to meet the needs of the College, the University of Utah, and the larger community. In addition to offices and state of the art classroom space, the Goodwill Humanitarian Building also features the Okazaki Community Meeting Room, available to campus groups and community agencies.
The Okazaki Community Meeting Room offers:
- A great location on the edge of campus, with plenty of nearby parking
- Versatile space that can accommodate groups of varying sizes
- State of the art audio and visual equipment
- A small kitchen for preparing food, including a refrigerator and sink
- Classrooms available for rent as breakout session space
- 1 Side: $250 per 4 hr block
- Both Sides: $500 per 4 hr block
- Security Deposit: $50
- 1 Side: $300 per 4 hr block
- Both Sides: $600 per 4 hr block
- Security Deposit: $150
Ad On: Breakout Session Classrooms
- SW 251 (seats 50): $150 per 4 hr block
- SW 255 or SW 257 (seat 30): $100 per 4 hr block
Linens must be ordered at least 2 weeks prior to the event. A variety of colors are available.
- $3.50 each
Reservations may be made up to one year in advance, and no later than 2 weeks prior
to the event. To make a reservation, please call Cagney Smullin at 801-581-6666, Scheduling
Specialist. A reservation is confirmed when the signed contract is returned to the
For rental charges over $500, a deposit of 50% of the total estimated rental amount is due within 10 days from the date the reservation is made. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and personal checks are accepted.
Final Payment is due 5 days prior to the reservation.
Clean up and Security Deposit Policy:
The refundable security deposit is due within 10 days from the date reservation is
made. Set up and clean-up of tables and chairs, with the exception of the round tables,
is the responsibility of the renter. All chairs and tables (except round) are on rollers
for ease of use. The security deposit will be refunded when the Scheduling Specialist
has confirmed that the room is clean. A checklist of what is expected will be sent
with the contract.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
If cancellation is necessary, please contact Cagney Smullin at (801) 581-6666 as soon as possible. The refund schedule is as follows:
- 45+ days prior to the event: full refund of deposit
- 30+ days prior to the event: full refund minus $50 cancellation fee
- 10+ days prior to the event: 50% refund of deposit
- Fewer than 10 days prior to the event: no refund
OKAZAKI COMMUNITY MEETING ROOM DETAILS:
The Community Meeting Room consists of side A & B that can be rented separately or together. There is a removable divider wall separating the two sides.
Each side is 45’ x 40’ with a maximum capacity of 75 for a total maximum capacity of 150 guests seated lecture style. For seated dinners the capacity is 50 people per side.
Each side has its own projector and sound equipment that can be controlled separately or together if both sides are being used.