Social Work MSW Permission Codes
(On-campus Advanced Standing and 2-year/dual degree specialist students only)
Read prior to submission:
- This form is only for area of focus Advanced Practice courses. You may not request permission codes for classes that use the waitlist function.
- Course numbers SW 6630 - 6635, as well as all sections 094 through 830, are reserved for other cohorts. Students requesting these sections will not receive a response.
- Online, Evening, and Title IV-E students: Do not use this form. Permission codes will be sent to you by your advisor.
- Do not ask instructors for permission to add their class, and do not email Social Work faculty or staff for permission codes.
- All responses will be sent to the requester's Umail.
- Do not send multiple requests or follow-up emails; it will prolong the process
- Requests are processed in the order received, and students requesting a course in their area of focus have priority. However, please know that it will take time for all code requests to come in, and for advisors to work through the requests. Please be patient.
- Permission codes are single-use only. Do not share them.
- Students are not guaranteed to receive a permission code for requested courses or
sections. Advisors will work on alternate solutions with you if necessary. It is crucial
that you ensure you:
- Qualify to take the course (On-campus Advanced Standing or 2nd year/dual degree MSW program status)
- Register for courses on time and request permission codes in a timely manner
- Use the permission code within 2 weeks of your assigned registration date or you could lose your seat. If you are unable to use the code, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org right away.